Have you considered hiring an apprentice who’s been made redundant?
Employers who take on an apprentice before 31 March 2021 qualify for a government incentive payment:
- £2,000 for apprentices aged 16 to 24
- £1,500 for apprentices aged 25 and over
Here’s why it makes sense…
- Hire an apprentice with relevant experience, so you’ll notice a quick return on investment
- Give an enthusiastic apprentice who has lost their job a new start
- Fill key skill gaps in your organisation
Further information can be found on the Government support website.
- You can apply for the payment until 30 April 2021
- Payments are made in 2 equal instalments for each apprentice. The first payment is after an apprentice completes 90 days of their apprenticeship and the second is after 365 days.
- To receive the full payment, the apprenticeship must last for at least one year.
Read the full guidance about Incentive Payments.
Please contact Adrian Simkiss, MGTS Customer Engagement Manager, for further advice: 024 7663 0333 / firstname.lastname@example.org