- MGTS is an educational charity that first began operating in Coventry in 1965. The Head Office on Gulson Road is now home to over 100 new engineering apprentices each year, as well as training delegates undertaking a wide range of technical courses and skills assessments.
- In 2011 MGTS worked in partnership with the UK Dairy industry on an initiative to both standardise and centralise a national approach to developing advanced apprenticeship maintenance engineers. The result was the creation of the EDEN Engineering Project at Reaseheath College in Nantwich, whereby MGTS train up to 50 engineering apprentices a year from within the food and drink industry.
- Expansion plans in 2013 resulted in a new MGTS Technical Centre in Redditch to meet growing market demand for engineering apprentice training within the Worcestershire and South Birmingham area.
- In 2017 the Redditch Technical Centre was re-located to larger premises after a £1.5 million investment. This involved a private and public sector collaboration, with MGTS investing £800,000 and both Worcestershire LEP and Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP investing £350,000 each through the Government’s Growth Deals.
- July 2019 saw local MP Rachel Maclean officially open a dedicated Food & Drink Engineering Maintenance (FDEM) apprenticeship facility at the Redditch Technical Centre. This expansion will help the whole of the food and drink industry to recruit much needed, highly skilled engineers.
Our site locations
Our training locations all have excellent connections to transport networks and have ample onsite car parking facilities for both training delegates and apprentices.
Careers at MGTS
The MGTS team is always growing. We work with insightful educators, expert engineers, motivated recruitment staff and dedicated student support workers to build a company
that values honesty, hard work and expertise.
Visit our Careers page to find out more about joining our team.