We're engineering careers. And we're looking for people to come and help build the future of McCain.
If you're an active problem solver who loves to see their projects come to life, a career in engineering could be for you!
We're looking for the next generation of engineering talent who want practical experience in a fast-paced environment. You'll work alongside our highly skilled maintenance engineers shadowing them and learning how we operate a smooth running operation.
The McCain Engineering Apprenticeship Scheme is a four-year multi-skilled programme – available at our sites in Scarborough, Hull, Grantham, Whittlesey (near Peterborough) and Wombourne (near Wolverhampton).
To be considered for this apprenticeship, the following will apply:
- Must be 18 or over on commencement of the apprenticeship
- Willing to learn new skills and adapt to change
- Self-discipline in meeting stretching targets and deadlines
- Logical approach to fault-finding
- Enthusiasm to learn and to work with others
Day release to a technical training centre will begin from Year one and as an apprentice, you will be expected to complete college-based elements in addition to hands-on core modular training.
You'll work towards a multi-skilled NVQ and BTEC Level 3, alongside either the Mechatronics apprenticeship pathway. The scheme will also offer training in modules bespoke to McCain and the potato industry.
Minimum 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades 5 and upwards including Maths, English, and Science.
Training to be Provided
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
Things to Consider
Working in a factory can be noisy, but ear-defenders are provided and must be worn. For specific tasks, conditions will vary. You could find yourself working in a part of the factory that is hot, cold, or wet. Personal Protective Equipment is provided where appropriate. You may be asked to work beyond allotted hours in order to complete a task.
Working at McCain offers lots of potential future opportunities including:
• Growing to senior positions and getting involved with exciting projects
• Moving into other departments and exploring an even wider range of work
• Developing your leadership skills and becoming a McCain leader, making decisions on how we operate and creating a great working environment
• Seeing the world by working at one of McCain’s other locations across the globe