Our Engineering Apprenticeship will take you on a journey of learning and development over the next 4 years, we will take care of your tuition fees as well as paying you for your hard work. There's no reason to worry about student debt, we've got your bread & butter sorted, all we knead is for you to use your loaf and apply!
As 'the UK's No. 1 Bakery Brand' we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family, with the introduction of the sixth generation, supplying over 18,000 retail customers from 11 bakeries and 16 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
The Apprenticeship programme gives YOU the development and skill set you need for us to shape our future together.
We are inviting Apprenticeship applications NOW in readiness for our selection events in February 2024.
Our Apprenticeship provides the knowledge, skills and experience needed for the role of a Multi skilled Maintenance Engineer. These include, performing plant maintenance and conducting failure diagnosis, maintenance, repair and replacement of our highly automated control systems, mechanical, electrical and production systems along with learning about food and safety legislation.
Typical things you can expect are:
- A structured 4-year Apprenticeship Programme
- Varied learning through a mixture of on-the-job training with your own Warburtons mentor and working with our training provider (MGTS)
- An apprenticeship that equips you to become a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- A varied programme that involves, electrical, mechanical and control engineering
- Learning to fault find and fix mechanical and electrical components including making and suggesting improvements
At last, but by no means yeast, you will want to know what your breads worth.
- A recognised development path and qualification to kick-start your career
- £19,000 starting salary rising each year of your Apprenticeship
- Family time is important to us, so we'll start you on 25 days paid holiday per year
- Life assurance
- New starter goodie box to welcome you to the family
- Being part of a national team of Apprentices, supporting each other
- A dedicated mentor throughout your Apprenticeship
- Continued development & 121 training designed especially for you
- Working on sites with state-of-the-art technology, automation and new product development
- Site social events, charity days and wellbeing initiatives
- Award winning contributory pension scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Retail Vouchers & online shopping offers including Warburtons discounted products
- Support for your health and wellbeing, including, 24/7 access to a confidential helpline for practical advice and a comprehensive occupational health service
If you're looking to kick-start your career within a supportive, Industry leading family business that puts our people at the heart of it, then the journey starts here.
- December 2023 applications will close - to avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to apply now!
- Early January 2024 successful candidates will be notified by email.
- We will aim to hold selection Events during February 2024.
- If successful, you will receive your offer of employment in March / April 2024
- Employment will commence mid to late August 2024
To join our Apprenticeship programme in Burnley you'll need the following:
- You'll be 18 years or over by the 1st September 2024 due to the residential requirement of the first year of study
- Achieved 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) to include a Level 5 or above in Maths, a Level 4 or above in English, a Level 4 or above in either science or ICT.
- Able to be flexible around work patterns, including shifts, weekends and evenings (from year 3 onwards)
- Passion, drive and commitment to complete a 4-year apprenticeship with a genuine interest in Engineering
Training to be Provided
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
Things to Consider
Your first year will be attending a full-time residential course with our national training provider, Midland Group Training Services, based in Coventry. Accommodation will be provided in newly built Student accommodation, which is only a short walk from the training facility and will be funded as part of the course.
Upon the successful completion of your Apprenticeship, you'll have achieved your Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering. This route is just the start of your career and can open the door to many more opportunities, such as Engineering Management and Project Engineering positions at site or involved with continuous improvement projects in head office.