Working alongside experienced and qualifed staff you will learn all aspects of Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance (Multi-Skilled). Working under supervision you will work towards being responsible for the following tasks:
- Completing changeovers to a production plan
- Plan and prepare for maintence and repairs of engineered systems in the food and drink industry
- Carrying out checks and maintenance as outlined within the PPM (planned, preventative maintenance) scheme
- Involvement in multi-skilling (cross discipline) duties as appropriate
- Undertsand and apply food & drink principles to your role
- Carry out reasonable intructions from lead engineers or senior managers
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are mainteaned and that you show due diligence at all times
- Apply "best practice" techniques
- Comply with all company policies and procedures e.g health and safety, training & development, quality, disciplinary & greivance and sickness & absence etc.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests to meet the needs of the business
We look for candidates that have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs which mist include English & Science at grade 4/C plus two other subjects and Maths at grade 6/B.
Training to be Provided
Training on the Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship will delivered over a 4 year period with block release to the MGTS technical centre. The company and an MGTS Training Development Advisor (TDA) will support you through your time of leaning, offering support and guidance along the way.
MGTS will monitor your apprenticeship on a regular basis to ensure you achieve the standard required including mandatory requirements, core skills, knowldege and occupational behaviours in prepareation for your end point assessment.
Things to Consider
Any offer of apprenticeship will be subject to successful completion of a colour vision assessment.
You must consider how you will travel to both the employer and to the MGTS technical centre in Redditch.
The employer can support with accommodation during the block release of training depending of the candidates preference, so you may want to consider if you are able to live away from home for up to 20 weeks.
- Practically minded
- Have good technical awareness
- Have a "hands on" approach
- Relish the challenge of physical work in an industrial environment
- Have a good work ethic
- Strong focus on working safely
- Have good IT skills
- Good communicator with a proven ability to problem solve
- Ability to prioritise work/tasks
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Having a good, positive, "can do" attitude
- Personable, enthusiastic, trustworthy with integrity and respect for colleagues
- A willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Possibly have a hobby/interest in fixing/tinkering with mechancial devices/bikes/machines
- Excellent technical aptitude
- Access to own transport would be an advantage
Kraft Heinz aims to offer permanent roles to all successful apprentices at the end of their training agreement wherever possible. Potential continuation of education and academic studies along with further in-house training & development.