This is a 4 year apprenticeship resulting in a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering. The first year will be spent at Midland Group Training Services (MGTS) learning core practical and theoretical elements of the role. For the following years, apprentices will attend MGTS on a day release basis to complete the necessary educational requirements for the programme.
Skills you'll develop include:
- Mechanical applications and solutions
- Electrical wiring, testing and installation
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Process Control Systems
Responsibilities and Duties will Include:
- Work alongside a team of highly skilled Engineers to carry out preventive and corrective maintenance and to identify opportunities and implement solutions, to improve manufacturing efficiency, equipment reliability, product quality, with consideration with regards to health and safety and environment.
- Work safely, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company.
- Work with MGTS external assessor to produce workplace assessment training plans.
- Attend lectures, practicals and visits as per training provider learning Plan.
You will have (or be expected to achieve) at least 5 GCSEs with English Language, Maths and Science at grade A*-C / 9-5.
Training to be Provided
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
Things to Consider
The first year of training is at Midland Group Training Services in Redditch or Coventry depending on your home location: Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:00, Friday 08:00.
- Good understanding of Maths & Science
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Due to the nature of the job role candidates will need to have a full UK driving license
- Have a positive approach to work and learning
- Team player
William King/Firsteel aims to offer permanent roles to all successful apprentices at the end of their training agreement wherever possible and to supporting continuing professional development.
Salary will increase annually based on results achieved:
Yr 2 - £15,000
Yr 3 - £20,000
Yr 4 - £25,000