Skills 4 Growth Coventry & Warwickshire
Coventry and Warwickshire Skills 4 Growth will support eligible SMEs to improve skills amongst their workforce in the following areas:
- Engineering and Technical
- Leadership & Management
ENGINEERING & TECHNICAL SKILLS
A range of Level 2 qualifications and units of accreditation have been developed to enable employees to develop and demonstrate competence in a range of engineering and technical roles:
Fabrication and Welding
The qualification covers manual welding; MMA, TIG and MMA processes. Sheet metal plate work covers 3mm or less and 3mm and more.
Engineering Maintenance and Installation
This qualification involves the skills and knowledge needed for occupations in engineering maintenance, including the ability to organise work and identify and prevent problems.
Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering (MME)
MME covers the operation of lathes, milling machines and CNC machines. The units provide a framework to address skills, knowledge and understanding in a variety of manufacturing engineering activities.
Performing Manufacturing Operations (PMO)
PMO is designed to enable employees to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in manufacturing activities specific to their job role.
Cost - £830; funding of 50% of cost available for eligible companies.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT - TEAM LEADER (LEVEL 2)
This 6 day release programme has been developed to focus on the core aspect of the team leader role, function and responsibility as well as developing practical motivational and day-to-day leadership activities.
- Developing yourself as a team leader
- Developing the work team
- Understanding leadership
- Leading your work team
- Understanding effective team working
- Improving performance of the work team
- Planning and monitoring work
- Setting team objectives
- Workplace communication
- Understanding conflict management in the workplace
- Maintaining health, safety and environment in the workplace
Cost - £1068; funding of 50% of cost available for eligible companies
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT - MANAGER DEVELOPMENT (LEVEL 3)
A range of Level 3 specific topic units are available. The single topic sessions include:
- Health & Safety in the workplace
- Managing team performance
- Principles of leadership and management
- Principles of people management
- Implementing change
- Managing a project
- Delivering a presentation
- Managing conflict within a team
Cost - £400; funding of 50% of cost available for eligible companies
Call us today on 024 7663 0333 to discuss your requirements and eligibility.
- New Engineering Centre of Excellence
- Employ Led Advanced Course Development
- Blue Earth Foods - Small Employer of the Year
- Amtico - Medium Employer of the Year
- Apprenticeship Award Winners
- UYS Success
- 4000th Skill Assessments
- Centre of Excellence Accreditation
- XYZ Helps MGTS Take Skills to the Next Level
- MGTS Apprenticeship Awards Redditch 2016
- ILM Success at H T Brigham
- MGTS Apprentice Awards Coventry 2016
- Employer Recognition Awards 2016
- Business Minister Margot James MP opens new North Worcestershire Engineering Centre of Excellence in Redditch
- Eden Graduate Awards
- Skills 4 Growth