IOSH - Managing Safely*
Who Should Participate:
Managers and employees required to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both health and safety legislation and their organisation’s policy. Participants will have the opportunity to achieve the IOSH ‘Managing Safely’ Award,whilst receiving practical comprehensive knowledge in the process. The programme addresses the health and safety training needs of the non-expert.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate developments in health and safety
legislation and consequent changes in practice.
The programme will cover:
- Hazards and risks
- Identification and control
- Legal framework for health and safety at work
- Accident causation and management
- Application of sSafe systems
- People and behaviour,communication and safety (specialised module addressing industry specific hazards)
‘Managing Safely’ involves 25 - 30 hours of directed study and can be tailored to meet individual organisations’ needs. It provides a sound working introduction to the specific requirements of the higher level NEBOSH Certificate,which has a well-proven track record for managers and others who require more than just an overall ‘awareness’.
* Externally registered and certificated course and will incur an additional charge to cover the external charges. Please call for up to date charges.
£11 + Vat per candidate per day will be made for the provision of a buffet lunch and refreshments which are available throughout the course
04 March 2013 to 25 March 2013