Telephone for an application
024 7663 0333
Write to us:
Mildland Group Training Services Limited, Gulson Road, Coventry CV1 2JG
Remember : You can also complete an application form through your local or School Connexions Office.
Today’s marketplace is looking for a new generation of engineers with the potential to solve practical problems in the world around us who can push back the boundaries of technology… people like you.
Why choose an engineering apprenticeship?
- You develop a wide range of broader work skills.
- It is an excellent way to start your career in engineering.
- The MGTS course will allow you to effectively demonstrate to employers your understanding of the engineering environment and your potential.
What is an engineering apprenticeship?
There are three types of apprenticeships in engineering: Apprentices, Advanced Apprentices and Higher Apprentices:
- Apprenticeships for Apprentices usually last at least a year and result in Level 2 qualifications.
- Advanced Apprenticeships usually last 3 – 4 years and apprentices work towards a National Vocational Qualification at Level 3, Functional Level 2 and a Technical Certificate at Level 3.
- Higher Apprenticeships include a Foundation Degree and NVQ Level 4.
What entry qualifications will I need?
- A genuine interest in engineering.
- A positive attitude towards learning.
- At least 3 GCSEs [or equivalent] with English Language, Maths and Science at Grade C or above.
What qualifications will I achieve?
You will be trained in all aspects of engineering including:
- NVQ level 2 Performing Engineering Operations
- Functional Skills at level 2
- Technical Certificate – City & Guilds Certificate in Engineering Technology.
- NVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations.
- Functional Skills Level 2.
- Technical Certificate – BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering.
- NVQ Level 3 [selected according to specialisation]
Do I get paid?
Yes, you will be paid by your employer an average of £150 per week. This will increase as you gain more skills and so become more useful to your employer.
When will my apprenticeship start?
Apprenticeships usually start in August each year, but this can vary. Many companies start the recruitment process in January for that year so the earlier you get your Application Form to us the better.
How long will an apprenticeship take?
The average Advanced Apprenticeship lasts about 3 – 4 years but can range from 2 years to 4 years.